Skhan

Using Swinger Mags in the 80's

In my mid 60's now, but I remember my first swinger experience came from answering ads in swinger magazines.  They always kept those in the back of the book/record store.   Anyone remember using those to contact swingers?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skhan said:

In my mid 60's now, but I remember my first swinger experience came from answering ads in swinger magazines.  They always kept those in the back of the book/record store.   Anyone remember using those to contact swingers?

Yes, I remember the swinger magazine and the ads, but what I remember most was the St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper also having swinger ads and swinger party ads in the classified ads of their paper. 

Posted (edited)

Ah, the days of taking polaroids and mailing them to perspective swing friends.   Sure felt special as a single guy getting answers from hot couples! First threesomes and sometimes bi experiences.  That was a lifetime ago.  Nowadays, too much input from the internet.

Edited by Skhan

I remember the coupon pages in some vanilla magazines. That's where we tipped to nudist and swinger info sites and subscribed to the magazines.

• Hot! 1

A quarter century ago when we started in the LS ppl still used them (Connexxions?) - and even classifieds in the local paper! We even ran a classified for a local unicorn (never got a reply).

I feel like they should have a Connexxions exhibit in The Museum of Sex.

LOL😆  and all the photos in grainy black and white!

Wasn't a swinger back then but remember seeing the mags and wishing...but also wondering how anyone actually ever MET anyone in them. Having to send snail mail to make contact I'm sure took forever and finding a connection even harder. Then came the internet and that is no longer a problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoldCoCouple said:

Then came the internet and that is no longer a problem.

In 1997, a guy who was a VP in a tech company, and later became president of AT&T, told me, "Oh, that Internet thing? It'll never amount to anything."

True story!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdamGunn2 said:

In 1997, a guy who was a VP in a tech company, and later became president of AT&T, told me, "Oh, that Internet thing? It'll never amount to anything."

True story!

I remember ppl saying it was "Just a fad'.

6 hours ago, hunterdonNJcpl said:

I remember ppl saying it was "Just a fad'.

People said the same about swinging.  Now it's a social trend.

• Like 3

I started with 'forums' and 'bbs's' back in the late '70s (well before Al Gore even invented the internet :) ). Was on AOL (you've got mail!), and might have even accessed a computer or two (but NEVER a government computer system, that would be wrong). From day one I knew the internet would be huge...I looked it up in our family Encyclopedia Britannica just to verify. That is what finally got me into computers until today...

As a typical teenager, I had a lot of potential interests as career options. And then... Every. Last. One. Of. Them....went right out the window the first time someone sat me in front of a computer. I knew right then and there where my future lay, career wise. And so it has been, ever since then...decades on.

As for swinger mags? Yep, saw them when I was a late teen/early 20s kid. Scandalous! How could people do such things? I mean, seriously? Ewwwww! No way! Friends felt the same. Fast forward ...and whaddya know, I'm in the swinger community myself 😄

• Like 4

On 7/18/2024 at 12:43 PM, hunterdonNJcpl said:

From that moment on I knew I wanted to be a swinger when I 'grew up'. I would casually float the idea to girls I dated, and if they were repulsed I honestly saw no future with them.

You were wise beyond your years.  There are so many posts here that start out, "We've been married 25 years, how do I get my wife interested in swinging"? rather than starting out with a woman interested in or already swinging. 

So is that what you did with your wife? 

• Like 2

@Numex when i was dating my wife she told me she worked part time as an artists model, posing nude often in front of classroms of people.  It really intrigued me that she had the confidence to do that, and i surmised she may be an adventurous enough spirit to explore the Lifestyle with... and i was right.

• Like 4

On 7/22/2024 at 8:59 PM, hunterdonNJcpl said:

@Numex when i was dating my wife she told me she worked part time as an artists model, posing nude often in front of classroms of people.  It really intrigued me that she had the confidence to do that, and i surmised she may be an adventurous enough spirit to explore the Lifestyle with... and i was right.

Art models have a lot of musing time, have the two of you ever discussed where she went during all those hours?

@J&Wu I'm pretty sure she was always posing, although it wasn't always in classrooms and studios. Sometimes she posed privately in artists homes.  I never pried for details.

A year ago we ran into one of her old artists. He was so glad to see her and, right in front of me, invited her to his home studio for a session.  I encouraged her to do it but she declined the offer.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2024 at 4:40 AM, hunterdonNJcpl said:

I never pried for details.

What early on got Daniela and me sexually excited was recounting our sex lives.  Hers was much more interesting than mine.  The stories still do intrigue us, although I long ago ago ran out of experiences to recall, she pops up something new every so often.  

• Like 1

As I remember, they kept the mags at the rear of the store.  I was pretty lucky. Out of six request for MFM, I got two hits.  Took about 10 days to get a response.

It felt like Xmas morning seeing the letter in the mailbox!   God, I had a hard-on for days as we talked on the phone sizing each other up.

My first couple was about 10 years older than I.   My first bi experience (well..border line).   He wife was gorgeous.  My first experience of licking a woman's clit while her husband was fucking her. I couldn't bring myself to suck his cock, but I did fondle his balls while I licked her. 

Ahhhh....good times and good memories.  

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 9:00 PM, Numex said:

What early on got Daniela and me sexually excited was recounting our sex lives.  Hers was much more interesting than mine.

Same! I have always encouraged my wife to date solo for that reason.  But I don't want her to feel like she has to tell me everything so I don't pry beyond what she is initially willing to share.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 4:43 AM, hunterdonNJcpl said:

But I don't want her to feel like she has to tell me everything so I don't pry beyond what she is initially willing to share.

We both like to both tell and hear stories of our sex lives apart from each other, both from before we met and afterwards.  One of my favorite foreplay activities is to have my wife tell me about some good sex she had with someone else, man or woman, whether it was 15 minutes ago or when she was 15 while I am eating her out and getting a boner before I enter her.

And I only want to hear the good stuff.  I'm not expecting her to flatter me by saying that he's not as good as me.  Sometimes that true, and I listen, but I want to hear about the good times she's had or having.

Edited by Numex
  • Like 1
  • Hot! 1

10 hours ago, Numex said:

I'm not expecting her to flatter me by saying that he's not as good as me.  Sometimes that true, and I listen, but I want to hear about the good times she's had or having.

Early in our swinging/hotwifing phase, Mary was a little afraid to tell me how much she was enjoying herself. I wondered at times at the quiet orgasms she was having with the other guy. Then when she figured out I really wanted her to have a great time, her orgasms got louder and more vigorous, and she told me about what he'd done to make her scream. It was a bit of a learning process.

• Like 3
  • Hot! 1