FreshCouple607

Still looking for our first in NY?!?!

I lived in Endicott 25+ years ago, and there was an active scene that used notices in the Press & Sun Bulletin's 'want ads' for meetups and parties.  Email was new, and not everyone had it, and cell phones were not yet a thing.

It was there.  It was hard to find/get involved compared to today.  But the point is: it is, indeed, there.

• Like 2

I'm going to add another comment regarding my time in Endictott, NY:

A number of -- and by 'number' I mean a LOT -- people in the 'lifestyle' back then were in their 40s and 50's.  We were young, being in our early 20s.  But substantial numbers of them were between 40 and 60, which would put them between 65 and 85 today.  Did new people join the crowd?  I hope so.  But if they didn't, then I can't vouch for how it is, *today*.

We fell-in with them NOT through the advertisements in the want-ads or the regional swingers' magazines:  They were the core members of an unrelated community organization that my wife and I were involved with.  A late-night get-together with a hot-tub after an event -- and we were introduced to the 'other' activities the organizational leaders were involved with.

After I posted the reply, above, I googled the organization -- it's still around, still part of the community.  I don't recognize any of the boardmembers or other members on the website; organizations grow and change, and that's a Good Thing.

Perhaps they still have hot tub parties.  I cannot say.

• Like 1

The 607 covers a pretty long area east-west. Still, if you're willing to drive a bit, I'm sure you can find people. Is Syracuse within easy drive? If you're out in the Steuben County area, you're probably going to have to drive a bit. Just the realities of the population being lower in that area. If you live on the other end of the area code, in the Delaware County area, maybe Albany is your best bet? Again, realities of lower population areas. If you're in the Tri-Cities area, it shouldn't be too hard.

Some of the swinger personals sites can vary in popularity based on where you are. Have you tried such sites, or if you have, have you tried others?

• Like 1

Just to take bbarnsworth’s suggestion to the endzone, join an online meeting site. The biggest is SLS. They have regional biases. We find SDC big in Florida. Look around at those, attend meet and greet events, take it from there. 

• Like 1