Some couples have the "use 'em and lose 'em" approach to finding play partners, others want "friends with benefits". A few choose polyamory - having more than one loving, intimate relationship at a time with the full knowledge and consent of everyone involved. Interested to hear your thoughts.

The author referred to the spectrum that each falls on. When wrapping my brain around similar topics I usually think of how they fall on a spectrum.

I think the polyamory/swinging spectrum looks like a bell curve...few that are pure swingers, few that are pure polyamorists, and a bunch that live in the area between.

I like classifications for shorthand but they break down quickly when you start to define and differentiate.

If someone put me into a box right now, it would be polyfidelity. I have two women that I am totally in love with and not much interest in sex with others. I also don't have interest (maybe better said, "energy") in having another relationship as deep as those right now. That said, it's all fluid so next year (or month) my exploration might look different and the polyfidelity box might not fit as well.

T

Polyamory (i.e., many loves) is a broad term. Friends with benefits could easily be defined as what is referred to as light/social poly. We define ourselves as light/social polys as our ideal is to have just a few relationships with the depth of a really good friendship that also extends to the bedroom.

Obviously, relationships like that aren't built overnight but we at least try to evaluate a couple for that potential before playing. So far, we have not been successful.

I'd say we're in the "friends with benefits" catagory. While we're certainly not looking to consider playmates as living, sentient sex dolls, neither are we looking to make any "deep" lasting relationships either.

We are looking to meet people that we may cultivate socially active, friendly relationships with, with the exception we also occasionally have sex with them as well.

Other then family, of course, there is only one woman that I love. And I want to keep it that way, thank you.

For us the "friends with benefits" approach has led to a poly relationship and the openness to the possibility of it happening again. When we first started swinging it was just sex, but we found the social aspect of swinging trumped the variety in sex. Having other people in our lives that fulfilled different aspects of ourselves and having the ability to develop a deeper relationship because of sex put us on the path to poly. We have found that we are closer emotionally with even our close swinging friends because sex provides an emotional bond that makes you want, maybe need to look after that person, even if you are not living together on a daily basis. We still stay in constant touch with our "tribe" and we all, as a group support each other through times of need.

This kind of attraction to others opened the door to being polyamorous, and when Mrs. WS fell for another guy it was not as threatening as the thought of it had been when we'd started swinging two years before. In fact, life all around for both of us got better. I no longer felt the pressure to provide all of what Mrs. WS needed emotionally, and she was very happy having the company and attention of two men that totally adored her.

So from experience I think there is a huge cross-over between poly and swinging. We've even seen those totally opposed to poly drift toward it when someone "special" comes along in their life. One couple we know that used to freak-out at the mention of emotions in swinging is now in a poly relationship with another couple. Many others that at first discussion were vehemently opposed to any kind of emotion have drifted toward the making better, closer friends aspect of swinging... Almost "poly-light" if you will.

So is swinging poly? No. But it can lead to poly, and in my opinion many are much more open to, or closer to poly than they will admit to themselves.

Mr. WS

Interesting points.

Swinging is basically a social activity. People can easily enjoy sharing an activity without being committed friends - for example "bowling buddies". These kind of relationships can be rewarding, satisfying, even meaningful, but are limited to the specific shared activity. "Sex buddies" are pretty much the same thing. Emotional attachments are generally unwelcome in swingerdom. The idea of "no strings attached" is as ubiquitous as "no drama", or "drug & disease free". Typically, couples swing to enhance their sex-life together, and decidedly not to upset the applecart of their relationship.

The vast majority of swingers have no intention of falling in love with their play partners, but many are open to friendship. Is friendship a kind of love? Is "friends with benefits" a mild version of polyamory? Depends on what we mean by friendship. Does the friendship include commitment? If we answer yes, we have to entertain the idea of "friends with benefits" as being a version of polyandry. (i.e. multiple partners in a committed sexual relationship.)

How deep does the commitment have to be for a sexual relationship to be thought of as poly? It really isn't for anyone outside the relationship to say, since polyamory is a relationship negotiated and defined by the participants.

Just for the sake of discussion, here's a question: if you love someone dearly (who you are having sex with as often as life allows) how can it not be poly? (Or as others here have called it, poly-lite?) You are emotionally connected, committed friends who love each other, and your relationship is something the four of you have worked out together, agreed upon by all. Isn't that the basic definition of poly?

Or is it not poly because your marriage is absolutely first, and your friends are completely subordinate? Can't there be "un-equal" loves? (Your spouse totally first, your friends absolutely secondary.) Can one be committed to and in love with their friends, but still keep their spouse pre-eminent? - a hierarchy of loves? Assuming the way you love your friends is different from the way you love your spouse, does that make it not love? (polyamory = multiple loves)

Just for the sake of discussion, here's a question: if you love someone dearly (who you are having sex with as often as life allows) how can it not be poly? (Or as others here have called it, poly-lite?) You are emotionally connected, committed friends who love each other, and your relationship is something the four of you have worked out together, agreed upon by all. Isn't that the basic definition of poly?
Yes, for many this is the exact definition of "poly". Emotionally connected, committed friends who love each other and therefore have some sort of romantic sex.

Or is it not poly because your marriage is absolutely first, and your friends are completely subordinate? Can't there be "un-equal" loves? (Your spouse totally first, your friends absolutely secondary.) Can one be committed to and in love with their friends, but still keep their spouse pre-emminant? - a heirarchy of loves? Assuming the way you love your friends is different from the way you love your spouse, does that make it not love? (polyamory = multiple loves)
I think you find that in most poly relationships there is a hierarchy, where your primary partner is #1 and comes first and your secondary partner subordinates in many aspects. Some poly relationships are much more equal, but from my experience in the poly lifestyle and others I've met, their primary relationship and/or spouse comes first and will not be forsaken for the benefit of another.

Mr. WS

Wow, the depth at which everyone is discussing is great. I like the idea of bell curving it. I think you have the extremes on both sides and the rest of us in the middle. We are all capable of being poly. One person caring deeply for another is completely human and natural. We all wouldn't be here typing to each other if not. The way in which each one classifys a relationship that is both emotionally and physically intimate, is of course unique. Our own beliefs, upbringing, and awareness of what we think or care about how society views us are main drivers for the differences. Even on the extremes, no FWB swingers; they are still there to be close to other people. Denying emotional attachment and channeling all that into chemistry and the art of physical pleasure is their own way of connecting with others. Still, they are reaching out to others where most of society will only share that with one person......until they get divorced! Ha! So, in that sense...we are all poly! just kidding! I know, everyone run and shriek now.

G

It seems that the poly equivalent of having a "friends-with-benefits" partner would fall between a "poly secondary", or a "tertiary partner". A secondary relationship usually has a noticeable emotional focus, yet it is secondary to the "primary relationship", while the tertiary is more casual.

The way in which each one classifies a relationship that is both emotionally and physically intimate, is of course unique. Our own beliefs, upbringing, and awareness of what we think or care about how society views us are main drivers for the differences. Even on the extremes (no FWB swingers) they are still there to be close to other people. Denying emotional attachment and channeling all that into chemistry and the art of physical pleasure is their own way of connecting with others. Still, they are reaching out to others where most of society will only share that with one person......until they get divorced! Ha! So, in that sense...we are all poly!

We see this too, and it's the biggest reason we ask the question "is swinging poly?" On the other side of the coin, emotionally monogamous couples are pretty much the norm in swingerdom. Maybe emotional commitment is the key to whether a relationship is poly or not?

We love our friends, but our relationship with each other is very different from the relationship we share with our friends. We've become very close to some of the couples we play with, but we have completely separate lives, and love each other as friends, not as committed lovers.

But there is a big difference between sex with emotionally connected friends verses sex with strangers. New partners can be wonderfully exciting and fresh, but when there is an emotional connection the sex is very intense and satisfying. We usually start out on a purely physical level with a new couple. If we share chemistry and enjoy each other's company, great, if a close friendship grows, all the better. Friendship takes time. It takes time and experience to build trust, love even more so.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HotwifeHusband
      We both had graduated from college and Sue saw an ad from a local modeling agency looking for male and female models.  She set up an interview and was hired. 

Her first modeling assignment was a "fashion show" for Fredericks of Hollywood clothing.  This was similar to what she had done once in college so she decided to do it again. 

The fashion show was in the next town and was at a person's home.  When we both got there we were greeted by the hostess from the modeling agency, and about a dozen men.  The event was uneventful as she modeled every outfit, saving the last which was a light yellow teddy with "open cups" exposing her breasts and crotchless bottoms exposing her pussy which ever since our trip to Mexico with Dan, she kept clean shaven.

We got married soon after.  Sue and I both found jobs at the same high tech company and after a few months the Director of Sue's department called her in his office.  He told her he didn't want to cross any lines but needed to ask if she ever did any modeling because he had been to a house that had a lingerie fashion show and she looked like the model.  Sue was a bit embarrassed and admitted that it was her. 

At this particular time I was under a lot of stress with my work and hadn't been up for as much sex as Sue wanted...and it became an issue of me trying to explain that it had nothing to do with her and that I still found her very attractive. This went on for a couple of months.  Eventually she told me that she felt the Director that mentioned the fashion show was starting to flirt a bit.  They had sat together a few times in the cafe for lunch and he was starting to make some suggestive comments.  I told her that if she wanted to she could encourage it and see where it took them as it would also  take some pressure off of me. 

Within a week Sue came home from work and said that the Director (John) called her in his office and shut the door.  He started with, "I want to be very careful of what I'm going to say because I don't want to lose my job if I offend you about something." 

Sue interrupted him and said,  "I know what you are talking about.  We've been having discussions that probably cross the line, and we are both guilty of that.  So say what you want to say, and I won't be offended." 

John then told her that she's been driving him crazy and that he constantly thinks about her.  He also said, "Even right now with you in my office I want to bend you over my desk and have sex with you." 

Sue then looked at him and said, "John, I've known we were heading to this based upon our conversations, and I didn't want to stop it.  Obviously, we can't do anything in your office, but all you need to do is invite me to your house."   And then she said, "And to be honest about it, my husband knows and is ok with it." 

John was a divorced man so he lived alone and didn't have to worry about sneaking around.  And with that, Sue came home after work and told me that that Friday she would be leaving work right at 5 pm and going to John's house.

I made arrangements with my best friend to go out to a sports bar for the night, to help me keep my mind off things to help the time go by quicker.  I got home at 10 p.m. wondering if Sue would be home.....and I waited and watched as the clock hit 11 p.m., midnight, and then I finally called her at 12:30 in the morning and she answered her  phone stating she was on her way and would be home by 1 a.m.  John lived 25 minutes in the other direction from work so he lived about one hour from our house. 

As soon as Sue got home she looked at me and all she said was "I don't care how tired  you are, you need to take me to bed to re-claim me."  I asked her how it went and she said she'd tell me when we got to bed.  I was surprised she spent so much time with him.  Apparently John came inside her three times, telling her that he "was inspired" by her.  Sue told me that even after cumming in her, that he'd leave his cock in her pussy because he wanted to take advantage of every minute he had with her.  And they would either spoon after cumming or they would be facing each other with his cock still in her and they'd just talk....and they did that all three times he came. 

The next morning was Saturday and it looked like she was getting dressed for work.  I asked her what she was doing and she said she had to go back into work as they were working on a major project with pressing deadlines.  For the 1st time in all these years of being open minded it really bothered me knowing she would be with him again after just getting fucked by him about 10 hours earlier.  I didn't like it because I felt their relationship was getting more "personal", rather than just about the sex. Little did I know what would happen later. 

About 2-3 years later we were in our bedroom getting ready to call it a night and Sue looked up at me and said, "I have to tell you something and I'm worried about you getting mad but I can't live like this, keeping a secret from you."  I asked her what she was talking about and I never even thought of John being brought up.  She then proceeded to tell me that after that first night with John that she saw him a couple more times.  That three times she went to his house when she told me she was going shopping and that one time he was out sick and he had called her at work, and that during lunch she went to his house to visit him because when he called her he jokingly said, "I'm in the mood for a blowjob right now, can you come over at lunch time"...and that's what she did. 

I went silent when she told me this and all I said was, "leave the room, I need time to think through this."  I didn't speak to her that night and didn't respond to her trying to bring up conversation for the next couple of days.  Finally she came to me and said, "All right, I understand you're angry but can you please speak to me.  I don't know what I can do other than keep apologizing to you."  She said that she would be willing to do "anything to earn back your trust." 

I looked at her and told her that she was right about me being angry and that I felt betrayed and I didn't know how long it would take me to get over that feeling.  I also told her that I couldn't get it out of my mind that she had made arrangements with another man, to fuck him, and she kept it from me.  We had always been open with each other about this.  I mentioned how hurt I was by the deceit rather than the physical act of having sex and developing a friendship with John but that at the same time I felt myself being turned on by it. 

I then asked her if she was serious about doing "anything" to earn back my trust?  She said "yes", and I said, "you might not like what I'm about to say." She said it didn't matter if she liked it or not, she just wanted to earn back my trust.  I proceeded to tell her that I would be going on Adult Friend Finder and that I would find a guy that she would have to start fucking. 

So I eventually found another person named John and met up with him.  He was a divorced guy who owned his own small construction company that included two different crews.  They would build homes, and do high end renovations.  He lived alone, and his schedule was fairly flexible.  All John asked of me was to bring pictures of Sue as I told him I needed to meet him alone first as I knew the type of guy Sue would be interested in. 

I told Sue what I was doing.  She said she understood.  I told her I needed to take a few pictures of her in fairness to John to see if he would be interested.  Sue again understood. 

I met with John and he was absolutely interested in Sue based upon the pictures and I could tell he had a personality that would go well with Sue's.  When I came home after meeting John I told Sue about meeting John and felt that he would work out well.  I also told Sue, that if things went well after the three of us getting together the first time that "earning my trust" would require a longer term Friends with Benefits situation, until I got the previous situation out of my system  Again, Sue said she understood.  

We met at John's house and got pizza delivered to help start the relationship and eventually I just said, "Are both of you comfortable"?  They both said yes, and with that John took Sue into his bedroom and they fucked each other.  When they were done, they both came out of the bedroom fully dressed.  I then told Sue to take off her shirt and pants as I wanted her to just be standing in front of John and me with her sheer green bra and matching sheer green panties.  She gave me this look, and I just shrugged and said, "you know why." 

She did what she was asked and we visited for about another 20 minutes, giving John the opportunity to stare at Sue's totally sheer bra, still exposing her tits and nipples the entire time...and left for home.  On the drive, Sue did say that John was a very friendly person.  I told her that John and I would be talking the next day to get his feelings but that she needed to be prepared for anything because of her prior indiscretion with the previous John.  All she replied with was "OK, I understand."

John and I had our conversation and he said the night couldn't have gone better and that he was very attracted to Sue, and that he also just had a very good feeling of a relationship between the three of us.  I told him I agreed. 

When I got home, Sue asked how my conversation with John went.  I told her that he was attracted to her and he enjoyed the sex with her.  I asked Sue if she would be upset if I told her that he was the one I was going to pick for her to start fucking on a regular basis and she said if that is what she needed to do to regain trust that she could do it as she also felt they were compatible in bed, and she also liked the conversation the three of us had and felt we all could be friends. 

But Sue didn't know what would be happening next.  I told Sue that John and I discussed how "moving forward" would look like and that we both were in agreement.  I then gave Sue John's phone number and told her he was expecting her call.  That from now on the two of them would communicate with each other but Sue, unlike with the previous John, needed to tell me every time she and John would be getting together. Again, Sue understood and said she promised to be totally honest with me about anything to do with John and she was willing to do whatever I wanted her to do, given what had previously happened. 

I then looked at Sue and told her to call John, and I wanted her to be "forward" with him on the phone and that she first needed to ask him if he felt comfortable after meeting the two of us (I already knew how he was going to answer).  I then instructed Sue to specifically say on the phone that she was "also very comfortable both in conversation, as well as being in bed with him."  Sue then stated, at my request, "I'm interested in seeing you on a regular basis if you are.  And if you can commit to not dating any women on the side, I'll commit to having sex with you, pretty much whenever you want.  And, one more thing, if you are ok with it, I'd rather you no longer wear a condom." 

And that started what turned out to be about a 15 year relationship where we are all still friends today. About two months after they started seeing each other, John called me and asked about the possibility of Sue working for him part time.  He was thinking about her going to his house two days a week, just half days.  One day would be to work on calling back customers who call to set up an appointment with him, and another half day to take care of sending out the bills, and making bill payments to suppliers, etc. 

I had an idea pop into my head because I was still of the mindset of "punishing" Sue for cheating on me earlier.  John really liked my idea and now I was going to tell Sue.  When I told Sue what John had asked and what he and I decided she initially thought it was asking too much...but I reminded her about how hurtful her cheating had been and that I really needed her to do this. 

Sue was a teacher and was about to have almost three full months off.  I told her that John would be paying her to work part time out of his house for two days a week.  She needed to be at his house around 7:30 in the morning to review his schedule so she could set up appointments for him to meet with people calling asking for a quote of construction work, and then on the second day she would handle all the billing that needed to be either paid, or invoiced. 

She looked at me perplexed as if to say, "Ok, what's the big deal?" I then told her that EVERY day she went to his house to work that she was not allowed to wear a bra, and had to wear a top that was revealing either because of sheerness or being low cut. 

After her saying, "Are your serious?", I responded, "You are damn right I'm serious, and frankly it's all because you were fucking the other John without telling me.  Now I'll know for the next three months what you'll be doing, and the plan is that you and John will be fucking each other each day, and sometimes 2X a day (when you first get there, and when he comes home for lunch). 

She said, "Ok, I get it, but I hope this is coming to the end of it."  I then had her call John and had her say the following to him, "I hear  you have a job opening for me, can you confirm the dress code and expectations that I just heard from my husband."  She listened to his response and said "When do you want me to start?.  And for the next three months she arrived at John's house, always with a sweater on in case she got stopped by a police officer or if something weird happened on her way "to work." And the first thing she did when she got in the house was take her sweater off. 

The very first time she was to go to work she came downstairs and took her sweater off and said, "Does this meet  your approval?"  She was obviously braless, wearing a thin, low cut tank top with low arm holes exposing plenty of side boob, and you could make out the color of her nipples through the top.  I told Sue I couldn't have picked out better work attire and then she went to work. 

During the three months doing this I had to go on a business trip for a few days so I called John and told him to call Sue and ask her out to dinner and make plans to spend some time at his house.  I also told John I wanted "photo proof of him fucking her so I know she went."  This was also going to be a test to see if Sue would be honest about telling me what she was going to do. 

About 30 minutes after talking with John, Sue called me.  She told me that John had asked her out to dinner and wanted to make sure I was ok with that?  She said it felt like she was going "on a date" rather than just being a friend with benefits.  I told her it felt the same way to me, and considering that she pretty much "went on dates" with the previous John without my knowledge, that she now needed to realize that she was about to start dating John WITH my knowledge.  She asked how much longer she needed to go through with this and I told her I hadn't even started to think about that yet because I had been hurt so much. 

So Sue and John had their first "date" while I was away on business.  John sent me an email that included an attachment.  He laughingly wrote: "As you requested, my first date with your wife happened.  I also told her that you asked me to inform her that you wanted her to agree to start "dating me" rather than just me fucking her.  And she agreed to it, so once she's back teaching and can't come over during the summer anymore, she is going to start seeing me for longer periods of time rather than coming over for an hour to fuck each other, we'll grab dinner or take a drive somewhere."

John also told me to watch the attachment as he sent "more than a photo".  I opened the attachment and saw two things: a photo of my wife's face with his cock in her mouth, pressing her cheek from the inside so I could see his cock bump pushing out her cheek. And he also sent me a video that lasted a few minutes of him fucking her.  He told me not to worry, that he'd delete both the photo and video, but I told him I wanted him to keep it so he'd always be able to look back on how they looked fucking each other. 

And that relationship lasted around 15 years.  After fucking John about 10 times Sue told me that she noticed something different and wanted to be honest with me.  I asked her what she was talking about.  She said it felt like John was "fucking" her at times like he was paying for it but other times it was more emotional, it was starting to feel like he was "making love" to her. I told her I guess that would be normal after seeing someone consistently that you liked.  I told her I was ok with that. 

She then said she was starting to feel like she was making love to him at times, that it was emotional for her as well feeling like she was giving her body to someone she cared about as a friend.  She wasn't having any feelings of being in love with him, but she was getting some emotional connection where she wanted to give herself to him when they saw each other.  It turned me on. The frequency of sex got less over the last couple of years but he and I estimated, that not counting the three months she worked for him and they fucked anywhere from 2-4 times a week, that he had fucked her somewhere between 50-100 times. 

And to this day, years later, the thought that she's been fucked so much by the same guy is a turn-on.  We all still remain friends today.  I thought that would be the end of our openess in our marriage but there would be two other men that would enter our lives, both of which got substantial time with my hotwife.  And she wanted it. 

If you'd like to read about it, let me know and I'll write it up.
    • By lcjtsd
      While browsing online ads, I frequently see where they state the hubby is V-Safe. For those of you who have this is your ad, does this mean that you like to play without condoms? It seems to me that the only reason you would state this is to let another couple know that the risk of pregnancy is zero and if you were to use condoms, the issue of V-Safe would be a mute point. Is this correct? Or do you state this for the "just in case the condom slips off" issue?

The reason I ask is that we do prefer doing things Au Natural and would like any insight or ideas into finding other like minded couples. If V-Safe is the hidden code for "No Condoms", we would sure like to know!

From the other threads on this board we see quite a few people like cream pies, seconds, in other words, Au Natural. It's just too bad that none of them seem to live here in Las Vegas.
    • By couplers
      Hi this is Petra, member of a three-woman, two-guy closed poly family. I am a long-time member of the Swingersboard, so if you want more background, you can look at previous posts. We are all now in our thirties and have found that while it used to be that the two guys could adequately take care of us three women, that is shifting. The guys have slacked off a little, while the women's desire for sex has increased. While it helps that we girls are bisexual and can help each other, we also seem to need (or at least want) more frequent sex with the guys. Penis-in-vagina intercourse is what we girls want, and the three of us women cum relatively easily, so a quick screw is satisfying.

Anyone else facing a similar situation? The way we have primarily addressed this is by making one of our guys service two girls, her cumming while he holds back, then taking care of the second. Any thoughts?
    • By JW6145
      I’ve been lurking a while and read a ton here the boards. Now I’ve gotten myself into a situation that is not talked about very much on here. I’ve fallen in love with a playmate. I really didn’t mean for it to happen, and from what she tells me she didn’t mean for it to happen either. Let me start by saying I’ve been completely open and 100% honest with my wife, and my playmate Becca tells me that she has been mostly open with her husband. We’ll get to that in a bit.

Becca and I met at a club, just a few months ago. From the first I thought she was attractive, I mean let’s face it, we’re here to fuck attractive people, right? My wife, Angie, and I went to the club that night to have some fun. We’re experienced swingers-we don’t play alot, swinging does not rule our lives- but we’ve had our share of fun. The night I met Becca was no different; we hoped to meet some fun people, have some good to great sex, and maybe make some friends we could hang out with on a regular basis.

Becca and I both realized pretty quickly that there is a strong physical attraction between the two of us. The sex is effortless and I’ve never fit together with anyone better. After that first night of being together, my wife Angie and Becca’s husband Rob exchanged numbers. Becca asked for my number but I declined, telling her she could just text Angie if she wanted. I don’t normally like to have communication with the women I play with outside of swinging situations. I was not able to get Becca out of my head for the next several days- which is unusual for me. I threw caution to the wind sent her my number via SLS. She texted me a few hours later. Over the next several days we exchanged texts and even spoke on the phone a few times. All with Angie’s knowledge.

We all four got together again a few weeks later-and it was even better than the first time. It was that night that I recognized that I had developed emotional feelings for Becca, and I was pretty sure that she had developed similar feelings for me.

A few days after we were all together the second time I told my wife about my feelings for Becca. I told her I didn’t know if I was getting our sexual chemistry mixed up with emotion but I thought that could be the case. To my surprise Angie did not freak out. She told me she suspected something was up-given the amount of communication between Becca and I. I took a few weeks to sort out my feelings and spent many more hours talking to both Angie and Becca. I realized that I was probably in love with Becca. And I told them both so. Becca told me she feels the same way. This is not the “oh, I’ve just fucked someone new, I hope they like me best” kind of feeling. We’ve both been with other people since we met and it has not cooled our emotions. This is raw, real and deep.

When I told Angie all of this she gave me license to pursue a relationship with Becca and follow it wherever it may lead. I did not ask for this, Angie offered it to me. Angie is secure about our commitment to each other-I am not leaving my wife and Becca and Angie both know that. Becca also has no intention of leaving her husband.

Becca has talked with her husband Rob about us and the feelings we’ve developed for each other. What she has not told him is that she thinks loves me, she does not know how he would react to that (here is the mostly open part that I alluded to in the first paragraph). She has told him our feelings are deep but has not gone into how much we care for each other. Rob is completely comfortable with texts and calls throughout the day, but not with Becca and I meeting without him and Angie there-even for lunch or dinner. I completely understand and respect this. I don’t like it, but I respect it. I suspect if the shoe were on the other foot I would feel the same way. I really genuinely like Rob by the way, he treats both Becca and Angie really well-and he and Angie have really great sex together. Angie has told Rob that it’s just sex between the two of them and Rob feels the same way. They have no other feelings for each other past that.

Becca and I text every day and talk several times a week; I know about her life and children, and she knows about mine. We have similar interests and lives outside of swinging, we are in similar businesses. We have become emotional rocks for each other. I get emotional needs met from her that I do not get from Angie. Again, I have been upfront with Angie about all this and she is fine with it.

So here are my big questions: Do these things really ever work, or are we on the express train to Dramaville?

Is it possible to keep something like this going long term?

How do we navigate the fact that Rob is not comfortable with Becca and I meeting without him around (again, we will not be going against his wishes on this one) and knowing that he and Angie will want to have more variety in their swinging soon, which will leave less opportunity for Becca and I to be together?

Any thoughts from the wise sages on here are welcome. I’m a big boy-if I’ve being naïve about anything please tell me. I can take it.
    • By Bluespruce1
      We have been playing with a couple for about five years on and off. We see them at our club, at some resorts and at local house parties. Wherever we are, she always seeks out my husband. We have all been together many times and I enjoy her husband very much, but for my husband and I, it’s literally just sex.

She is very different with my husband lately than with her other partners. I believe she has fallen for him. When I see them together, she is very passionate and attentive to him in ways that I don’t see when she’s with other men. My husband rolls with it and is always a pleaser.

We don’t want to make things uncomfortable or lose their friendship, but we are getting uncomfortable with the notion that she may be interested in a deeper relationship than we have experienced with other partners.

Should we just go with it? I’m not sure I can handle sharing him that way and I don’t think he’s interested in that type of relationship either. Thoughts about when the sex leads to something more?