tn_softswing2

Christian couple, how we started with swinging.

11 minutes ago, barefoot_so_goo said:

There are many sensible reasons to choose monogamy, or have it imposed socially, but it isn't something we evolved with.

Men wanted to know that the child they were supporting was theirs.  Now there is birth control.  Now women can have good jobs, there is paternity testing and  child support.  One of my biggest and happiest surprises in our family is how the guys (as well as the women) treat all of our children as theirs, regardless of parentage.  Maybe not so surprising since I've seen stepchildren treated equally by stepparents.  

12 minutes ago, barefoot_so_goo said:

The modern romantic idea of "the one" is just ridiculous

I can understand how for sex humans can be sexually open, but still want "the one," or in our case for the women "the four" (2&2) or the our men "the three" (just the women).  I still need love among a limited family, I guess...

1 hour ago, couplers said:

Men wanted to know that the child they were supporting was theirs.  Now there is birth control.  Now women can have good jobs, there is paternity testing and  child support.  One of my biggest and happiest surprises in our family is how the guys (as well as the women) treat all of our children as theirs, regardless of parentage.  Maybe not so surprising since I've seen stepchildren treated equally by stepparents.  

I can understand how for sex humans can be sexually open, but still want "the one," or in our case for the women "the four" (2&2) or the our men "the three" (just the women).  I still need love among a limited family, I guess...

Oh, I should've clarified "once up on a time". In the past, it was a way to (maybe) know parentage. Maybe more importantly, to avoid STIs. Better ways for both, now.

I like the Carl Rodgers approach about kids. It's not about the nuclear family (which is mostly a recent myth), it's about "unconditional positive regard". Some people are more...instinctual?...regarding biological progeny. Others aren't. We naturally form bonds, so it's not surprising that stepkids would be treated well. Though of course we all know many aren't.

I also prefer deeper contacts. Sometimes it's fun to rack up the numbers, but I've always been more interested in the whole person, even if we're just swing partners. To each their own. I just still have resentment about spending my adolescence in a very conservative place. :)

15 hours ago, barefoot_so_goo said:

regarding biological progeny

In current times, many people, particularly men, are more concerned about passing on their ideas/view of life than they are their genes.

Edited by couplers
  • Like 2

My wife and I have been swinging for  42 years.  We both were raised by strict religious parents.  I asked the preacher when I was 17 is God prefect?  He said yes.  Is everything He makes GOOD?  He said yes.  I said nope, He is not perfect and not every thing he makes is good.   Why son what are saying.  May God forgive you.  I said well explain to me if he is so perfect and everything he does is good, why is exposing our skin  that he clothed us with be so horrible and sinful that we humans have to rectify his mistake by covering it with clothes and jail anyone that exposes their skin to other humans and any human who sees another's nakedness is also sinning and must ask for forgiveness.  Sex is considered a nasty, filthy, disgusting act that should be done only when married and in the process of making a child.   It is an act that should be perform in private with no one to see or you are punished by law and God and sent to Hell.  If anyone should watch a couple perform the act they have sinned and must go to hell.   A woman's period is considered so nasty and disgusting that she is looked down upon as a piece of filth.   Timothy even said a woman is so unclean when having a period she must stay hidden for 5 days and those who performed the act of sex is also unclean must stay hidden for 5 days.  So therefore, God, so perfect and only make good things, messed up and made nasty filthy disgust skin for us that is so sinful we have to correct Him and cover it up and never look at it.   He made sex so disgusting and nasty that we get dirty performing it and women bleed once a month and seen as so disgusting she must be hidden.   That isn't perfection or good.   So God messed up or it's us humans who have made nudity bad and nasty and sex disgusting and a woman's period just unacceptable.  Women are so special.   Women can die having a baby, now what kind of dumb thing that is to do to the mother of life.    Nope, I can't see God messing up.  He is good and what he makes is good.  I really don't think he cares who women breed with any more than he cares which males the  female animal breeds with.  The only thing he said to Adam and Eve is to protect our skin by covering it.   As far as sex, it is a beautiful act of two people in the process of creating life or just plain enjoying the wonderful feeling of being held and wanted.

36 minutes ago, older couple said:

My wife and I have been swinging for  42 years.  We both were raised by strict religious parents.  I asked the preacher when I was 17 is God prefect?  He said yes.  Is everything He makes GOOD?  He said yes.  I said nope, He is not perfect and not every thing he makes is good.   Why son what are saying.  May God forgive you.  I said well explain to me if he is so perfect and everything he does is good, why is exposing our skin  that he clothed us with be so horrible and sinful that we humans have to rectify his mistake by covering it with clothes and jail anyone that exposes their skin to other humans and any human who sees another's nakedness is also sinning and must ask for forgiveness.  Sex is considered a nasty, filthy, disgusting act that should be done only when married and in the process of making a child.   It is an act that should be perform in private with no one to see or you are punished by law and God and sent to Hell.  If anyone should watch a couple perform the act they have sinned and must go to hell.   A woman's period is considered so nasty and disgusting that she is looked down upon as a piece of filth.   Timothy even said a woman is so unclean when having a period she must stay hidden for 5 days and those who performed the act of sex is also unclean must stay hidden for 5 days.  So therefore, God, so perfect and only make good things, messed up and made nasty filthy disgust skin for us that is so sinful we have to correct Him and cover it up and never look at it.   He made sex so disgusting and nasty that we get dirty performing it and women bleed once a month and seen as so disgusting she must be hidden.   That isn't perfection or good.   So God messed up or it's us humans who have made nudity bad and nasty and sex disgusting and a woman's period just unacceptable.  Women are so special.   Women can die having a baby, now what kind of dumb thing that is to do to the mother of life.    Nope, I can't see God messing up.  He is good and what he makes is good.  I really don't think he cares who women breed with any more than he cares which males the  female animal breeds with.  The only thing he said to Adam and Eve is to protect our skin by covering it.   As far as sex, it is a beautiful act of two people in the process of creating life or just plain enjoying the wonderful feeling of being held and wanted.   We must take care of each other, we are all we got.   If you read my thoughts this far, I thank you.   As a Christian I say take care and may God bless.

15 hours ago, older couple said:

Many years ago I had an event that lets say removed all doubt that God does indeed exist.  I will also tell you that same event "educated" me on what is going on.  This is my opinion and what I now believe so please, no flame throwers, you have your opinion too. 

First, God may be perfect but you do recognize flaws  in what he created that may not really be his fault.  God made Adam and Eve. They had children which would also breed each other and so on. Incest is bad because of the result of children with defects and the mental harm it causes and man recognized that.  Thankfully he gave us the ability to observe and reason to figure that out. 

Second, Christ died on the cross for all of our sins and removed from us the need to carry guilt and shame around. Sex was made sin by man, not God. Guilt and shame fill collection plates and one must only look at how the Vatican was funded to see that. It caused Martin Luther to break with the church and create his own level of shame and guilt. 

Men have been taking on multiple woman since the beginning of recorded time. A quick list of all the "men of God" that had multiple wives and slaves is as follows: Abdon, Abijah, Abraham, Ahab, Ahasuerus, Ashur, Belshazzar, Benhadad, Caleb, David, Eliphaz, Elkanah, Esau, Ezra, Gideon, Heman, Hosea, Ibzan, Issachar, Jacob, Jair, Jehoiachin, Jehoram, Jerahmeel, Joash Lamech, Machir, Manasseh, Mered Moses, Nahor, Rehoboam, Saul, Shaharaim, Shimei, Simeon, Solomon, Terah, Zedekiah, and Ziba. Only in the new testament that was hacked by man did things change.    Proof that man made the changes are the fact of the Councils that hacked it left out books / gospels that did not meet their ends or were written by woman. 

The Muratorian Canon, which was compiled in AD 170. The Muratorian Canon included all of the New Testament books except Hebrews, James, 1 and 2 Peter, and 3 John. In AD 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with one book of the Apocrypha) and 26 books of the New Testament (everything but Revelation) were canonical and to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (AD 393) and the Council of Carthage (AD 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

There is a long history of man changing the word of God to meet their own ends. Look at the number of different bibles that exist!  The one issue that I feel  should concern all women is that every text, Jewish, Christian, Islamic, and Mormon demand they obey their husbands in all things. That may be a question on their "final" exam. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, djjwp said:

This is my opinion and what I now believe so please, no flame throwers, you have your opinion too. 

As someone who has been flamed in the past: Amen!

And out of fear of being flamed again, I just deleted a bunch of stuff about the books that were left out of the Bible - Google it if you are interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldCoCouple said:

As someone who has been flamed in the past: Amen!

And out of fear of being flamed again, I just deleted a bunch of stuff about the books that were left out of the Bible - Google it if you are interested.

I'm aware but thanks.

Something that really helped me was coming to understand the flaws of our time now is that what happens on this earth isn't the end of God's creation. The end of creation as far as I can see right now is the nest life as in the resurrection.  We get a glimpse of this in people's stories of near death experiences.

On 12/5/2008 at 7:34 AM, PB&J said:

Why "needless to say?" What was wrong with them? The cloven hooves putting runs in the stockings? And honestly, why does religious belief even come up as a topic when meeting potential sexual playmates? I don't get it.

Oh well, to each his own. Personally, religious beliefs aren't exactly at the top of the list when it comes to selecting partners. (Full disclosure: I consider myself a pagan) I won't even mention politics when chatting up a new couple, and believe me, that matters a lot more to me.

It just was a gap we could not cross. We need to click to play and when someone has that major of a belief difference it matters to us. Same would happen with politics.  We want friends to play with and thing must be in common for that to happen.

Edited by djjwp