So...

we are going to a meet and greet that is held at a hotel bar. It is going to be in late December, so I'm guessing pretty cold. Does the female need to wear a cocktail dress or can I wear jeans with heels and a cute low cut blouse? I don't want to be underdressed as that's something I'm always concerned with.

A principal that always seems to work; when in doubt, dress more than you think you will need. Dressing less will be embarrassing. At worst, overdressing is a point of conversation.

• Like 2

We've met with play partners during cold weather. For me at least, taking off all those clothes can be exciting.

Since it's off premise, at least the first time until you get a feel how people dress, I'd probably lean more toward the safe side, so scaled back from what you might wear to an on-premise club. The jeans might be a bit too scaled back for a female though, or on the other hand, may fit right in depending on the venue, usual crowd, and what they wear to those events. I think a cocktail dress would certainly be ok, but maybe pick one that is sort of in between dressy and casual, and then you won't feel out of place either way.

Disclaimer - guy here giving female fashion advice, so caveat emptor :)

It’s def of premise and at a hotels bar so i guess I’ll do the cocktail dress. But not overly sexy? I tend to overthink so I’m now wondering should it be appropriate knee length (like in the office) or mini dress ?

I prefer a dress always. I like to be accessible if there is some fooling around and I like to give a peek if I'm attracted to someone.

IMG_1309a.jpg

I prefer a dress always. I like to be accessible if there is some fooling around and I like to give a peek if I'm attracted to someone.]

I like the way you think!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MadlyInLuv
      The wife and I were discussing all of our swinging meet and greet dinners that never panned out. Many of them went really well and proceeded to planning stages for a date, but then aborted close to go-time.

This could be just our perspective, but to us there seems to be a lot of people that fall into one of the following categories:

-- They are in it to try to find a female for the wife. They have failed finding a unicorn, and so they have moved to the couples category and think they can just 'figure it out' and tolerate the spouse. Some of them even imply that they center around the girl play and get dodgy about what the guys are going to do while all of this is going down.

-- The husband is clearly into it, and the wife acts into it but she doesn't interact as much. This inevitably ends in a last minute permanent flake where they disappear from the universe all of a sudden.

-- Chatters. They meet for dinner and get excited. They chat enthusiastically for sometimes weeks trying to line schedules up. Time comes around for the play date and they bail.

It's actually a welcome relief when couples figure out that our interests don't align very quickly and stop talking. That saves EVERYONE a lot of wasted time. I have a lot of regular good ol' American vanilla hobbies in my wife and I really don't want to waste weeks of energy for something that isn't going to go anywhere.
    • By Sawman
      I am at the mature end of the swinging demographic as are my play friends. The ladies have their share of curves and character lines and often prefer to wear something when younger, fitter ladies prefer total nudity. This is just to say clothing is totally OK if it makes you comfortable. This is not a photo shoot. This is intimacy and mutual giving. Besides, a little color and texture is nice to see and feel. When I know my partner is shy I can adjust and just observe that as a boundary.

Now, go shopping.
    • By Wisconsinswing
      Has there been, or are there, parties that other swingers go bareback? If so, is anyone opposed to it, or is it they would like to join one?

Just wondering? Or does everyone use condoms all the time?
    • By PeterJ
      This definitely doesn’t fall under “best practices” for organizing lifestyle events:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/nyregion/nycha-bronx-staff-sex-parties.html

“The litany of problems facing public housing residents in New York City — mold, lead paint, faulty boilers and leaky roofs — just got longer: claims of staff sex parties.

The entire 40-person staff of a housing development in the Bronx was reassigned over the weekend after residents complained that some workers had been drinking and having sex on the job.

Male and female supervisors at Throggs Neck Houses engaged in erotic activities with their subordinates for months — both inside and outside the buildings, said Monique Johnson, the president of the development’s resident association.”
    • By JustAskJulie
      Swingers caught with pants down | Bangkok Post: news